• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Samoan Islands (1 Viewer)

Mabel

Dance the ghost with me
There's a very real possibility that I could be going to Samoa in a few weeks. Has anybody ever been, or has any birding info?
(Mehopes to find a Tooth-Billed Pigeon-but menot hopeful)

Nope, not been there (I'd certainly like to see that Tooth-billed as well!), but there are a few reports on travellingbirder (former eurobirding):

http://www.travellingbirder.com/tri...on&se=on&no=on&dk=on&fi=on&nl=on&it=on&page=1

Out of pure interest I skimmed through the newest one (although it still dates back from 2000) and he easily saw all endemics except the restricted Samoan White-eye and the enigmatic TB Pigeon. BTW, usually, when I stumple upon recordings not already my rather extensive library of voices I save them for future use. Some time ago I found records of several Samoan species, incl. three endemics where the voices don't appear to be published anywhere (Mao (Honeyeater), Samoan Triller and Tooth-billed Pigeon). I have just tried to relocate the URL where I found them to pass on the link, but have been unable to do so. Instead, if you're interested, drop me a PM and I'll send them to your email.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back