• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Saying Hello (1 Viewer)

Guimbarde

United Kingdom
First time on, just signed up and not sure this website is for me yet.
I'm an oldish chap in his eighties - cantankerous? maybe. I know what I like and have been a life fellow of the RSPB since the late sixties. I'm not an avid birder, I don't keep lists of twitch if that's the expression. I live in the country and alway carry binoculars but don't always know what I'm looking at or listening to and never manage to find those pesky little warblers in the tops of trees. but I am interested neverlethess.
First thing I notice about the site is the google ads blinking at me - hate that. Otherwise I will give it a go and look around and read a few blogs and leap into the odd forum and see how it all develops.
I call myself Guimbarde, it's French. Check it out.

Hi Guimbarde and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

You'll fit in just fine, not all of us are twitchers LOL. I love your username (I'm beginning to feel like an old jalopy myself!)

There is a way to get rid of the blinking ads, if you become a supporter, but you might want to see if this site suits you first. Any other help you want, please don't be afraid to ask as this is a large forum.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you . (y)

We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Many of us are just backyard or local area birders.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back