• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Schoeniparus dubius genestieri (Oustalet, 1897) (1 Viewer)

Taphrospilus

Schoeniparus dubius genestieri (Oustalet, 1897) OD here
Cette espèce, dédiée au P. Genestier, l'un des membres de la mission de Tsékou, se distingue facilement de toutes les autres espèces du genre Alcippe par les teintes et les dessins de son plumage, qui, considéré sous un certain jour, offre un aspect légèrement écailleux sur les parties supérieures du corp, grâce à de lisérés noirs, peu distincts, qui bordent les plumes de la tête et du dos.

The Eponym Dictionary of Birds
Rusty-capped Fulvetta ssp. Alcippe dubia genestieri Oustalet, 1897 [Syn. Schoeniparus dubius genestieri]
Père Annet Genestier (1856–1937) was French priest, ordained in 1885, and a botanist. He was a missionary to Qiunatong, China, on the Tibetan border. Francis Kingdon-Ward visited him (1913) and was thankful for a good meal!
The Key to Scientific Names
Père Annet Genestier (1857-1937) French missionary to China, botanist (subsp. Schoeniparus dubius).

No doubt it is him here. From...

Puis je fais la recommandation de l’âme et à 15h. 45, le 9 janvier 1937, en ce beau
jour consacré à notre bonne Maman du Ciel, notre bien —cher et vénéré confrère, dans le calme le plus serein, rend à Dieu sa grande âme de missionnaire.

...I understood he died 9. January 1937. But when and where was he born? From here I would say b. 16. April 1858 in Chambon sur Dolore. (archive en ligne seems not to work for me. Maybe wrong browser). Should be to find here his birth.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back