• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scotland 2021 (1 Viewer)

My OH is pretty good with birders timings Paul. I remember nipping to the shop in Nethy for a paper and returning 4 hours later. She said she knew damn well I’d be walking through the forest with our dog. :LOL:
Yes think Margie up to speed with my sense of timing now!!!! Although in my defence don't think I was more than 300 yards from the car at any one time,nshe just couldn't see me!! :)

Lovely scenery and your photographs are just fantastic.
Thanks Nick, I do me best!! Always room for improvement and I think it's more testimony to the quality of the equipment rather than any particular photographic skill I'm defo a birder with a camera rather than a photographer, I don't know what half the buttons on the camera do :)

Two posts in one day I'm on fire!! probably the best day off the holiday, maybe down to the Golden Eagle sighting!! I'm thinking it's a sub-adult bird maybe a 3 year old? plenty of pics on the link so confirmation would be good . Bit of Sea Watching off a wild and windy Rua Reidh headland was highly enjoyable though our slightly elevated position tends to flatten out the waves a bit so don't look as good or big as they were in the pics!!
Probably way too many pics at the link again

Thanks Nick, I do me best!! Always room for improvement and I think it's more testimony to the quality of the equipment rather than any particular photographic skill I'm defo a birder with a camera rather than a photographer, I don't know what half the buttons on the camera do :)
Yes but you have a great eye for landscapes Paul, and the Gannet plunge shots are superb.
Looks a great break and I look forward to reading what is left of your trip!

Great stuff Paul!

Loved the Golden Plover pix, and the idea of that view with that hot tub might even tempt my cold-averse wife to the wilds of Scotland!

My personal highlight was however the accident with the fudge. I can just see you going all Marie Antoinette and mumbling "let them eat shortbread" while waving a fudge-sticky hand in the approved dismissive regal manner!

Cheers
Mike

Great stuff Paul!

Loved the Golden Plover pix, and the idea of that view with that hot tub might even tempt my cold-averse wife to the wilds of Scotland!

My personal highlight was however the accident with the fudge. I can just see you going all Marie Antoinette and mumbling "let them eat shortbread" while waving a fudge-sticky hand in the approved dismissive regal manner!

Cheers
Mike
Yes the Fudge incident was more or less exactly like that :) Yes the Hot Tub was excellent very relaxing even in Scotland's windy cold spells!!
Hopefully get the last segment done tonight!!

So a final round up of our trip north of the border, was highly enjoyable and we got a lot out of it, more than we deserved really considering how lazy we were!! The Golden eagle encounter will stay with me for a long time as will the Iceland Gull. The Scenery still surprises me every time a "wow" moment round every corner. Think I will start planning the next trip in a couple of days!!!

Of Birds & Cake the Blog of Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back