• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scridifer's 2021 Bulgaria List (1 Viewer)

Looks like you are doing very well with your bird sightings Chris ;)
Yup, hit a bit of a 'purple patch' recently KC, up 13 species on this time last year! Funnily enough though still missing a few 'easy' birds - Linnet, Coal Tit, Dunnock etc.

Chris

29/01/21 Atanasovsko lake, Burgas

102) Flamingo

29/01/21 Mladezhko, strandja Mountains

103) Marsh Tit

30/01/21 Silkosia reserve, Strandja

104) White-backed Woodpecker

An excellent start to the year Chris; I'm only 65 behind you! We used to see Hawfinches, Bramblings and a few Goldcrests in the village at this time every year but they are nowhere to be seen this year. Irruptive species perhaps?

An excellent start to the year Chris; I'm only 65 behind you! We used to see Hawfinches, Bramblings and a few Goldcrests in the village at this time every year but they are nowhere to be seen this year. Irruptive species perhaps?
Nice to hear from you Ron! Get Hawfinches all year round here but the other two only in the colder weather. I think it just hasn't been that cold this winter (yet!). Off the top of my head I've only had one of each of Goldcrest and Brambling so far this year.

Chris

15/02/21 Pomorie Lake salt Museum

114) Dunlin
115) Grey Plover
116) Greenshank

15/02/21 Pomorie Salinas

117) Ringed Plover
118) Kentish Plover

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back