• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

SE Brazil 2-3 weeks, November 2021 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Hopkins

Just another...observer
United States
But vaccinated or not, if you have Covid, you're infectious!
As I understand it (and being perfectly honest, I am not a doctor), you need to have a certain viral load in order to be contagious. And I've also seen some discussions that one of the advantages of vaccines is that it reduces your viral load.

I believe they're being extra cautious simply because they don't know enough.

mjh73

Australia
As I understand it (and being perfectly honest, I am not a doctor), you need to have a certain viral load in order to be contagious. And I've also seen some discussions that one of the advantages of vaccines is that it reduces your viral load.

I believe they're being extra cautious simply because they don't know enough.
Viral load certainly increases transmissivity.

But you are right, they are still learning about covid (and covid is learning about us - and changing to suit!) so many health authorities / governments are being extra cautious (at least the sensible ones are....)

On balance, I think that's a good thing.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread