• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Sea Bird , Northern Greece (1 Viewer)

pbjosh

missing the neotropics
Switzerland
Looks more like Yelkouan than Balearic to my eye but I'm sure there are others here that are more expert than I am.

Both can show projecting toes. If there are toes visible in that shot, then only barely as I see it.

MANOS_SKG

Hello everyone, this was my shot (thanks for uploading Ody). I have looked into the sequel and the above bird, did not have toes / legs projecting beyond the tail. I have other individuals that do though and fairly extensively I would say, like the one below. I have far too many individuals, maybe I shall open a new thread. Is the below anything different than a Yelkouan, because of the projecting toes??

Καταγραφή 1.PNG

Last edited:
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread