• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sea Eagles The Highlands Of Scotland next week (1 Viewer)

Hi all. We are in the Highlands next week and would like to know of any trips or hides where we may be able to view Sea Eagles.

We don’t want a huge walk nor to leave the mainland as time is short.

I know Loch Shiel has trips but not on the day we are close unfortunately..

Thanks

A drive over to the west coast is your best bet. Out to Ardnamurchan will give you a good chance.

Hi Adam and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I agree with Mono. Also Loch Sunart from Salen to Glenbeg could be successful. Stop and look at the rocky shores and the islands along there too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Thank you ever so much! I’ll have a Google later. We are all over The Highlands from Friday evening for a week. Living in Norfolk we want to see somewhere that’s not flat!

Have a google for 'Isle of Mull' Sea Eagle trips. You will get really up close and personal with them!

Oban Sea Tours.

I have no idea why you wouldn't want to hop across to Mull and do a tour. But boats leave from Oban and they get cracking views of Sea Eagle.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Ah I see, quick sprint trip.

Fair play. Take the boat trip from Oban. Will get you White Tailed Eagle.

If you're in Speyside at any point then WTE is possible there, Insh Marshes can be good, although sadly the best hide was destroyed in a fire earlier this year. Strathdearn is also great for WTE and Golden Eagle, there's a car park almost at the end of the public road, just park and watch the skies for a number of raptor species.

Got to agree with earthdragon64,Strathdearn would give you an excellent chance of seeing both species of Eagles,as well as potentially plenty other birds/mammals native to our Highlands

Strathdern has been abysmal the last 2 years for any Eagles

Raptor Valley is a ghost town and distant views are your only views.

They are also long walks and all day. Oban, boat, couple of hours is your absolute best bet.

Hi all and thanks for the advice. I managed to find a pair that gave us a wonderful display for about 15 minutes.

I could not find any despite exhaustive searching at the marks mentioned, but thanks for the info.

These were truly wild birds, not ones that are fed fish for the tourists to watch.

5A5B8A39-D8A8-4A53-829E-1743CCF91B75.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back