• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seabird at Herne Bay, Kent (1 Viewer)

Alexjh1

On Monday I was walking from Birchington-on-Sea to Herne Bay and trying to pick up anything interesting out at sea, and this bird was a bit puzzling. I'd mostly seen the regular gull species and a smattering of gannets, but this bird passed on by late on. It was very dark, not juvenile gannety in proportions (or size - see photo 1 which also has some brent geese and a distant gannet in for scale) and too dark for a juvenile gull, and unfortunatly far out enough for me to only get these very distant shots.

Not much to work with I do appreciate, but any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• seabird1.jpg
    seabird1.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 112
  • seabird2.jpg
    seabird2.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 127
  • seabird3.jpg
    seabird3.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 94
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back