• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seabirds Harrison (1 Viewer)

Has anyone in the UK got their copy of Harrison's 'Seabirds' yet? I've seen some references elsewhere to people having the book but none of them seem to be in the UK. Last thing I heard it was being sent out in June so I was hoping to have a copy by now ......

Had an email today to say my order is now fully processed, so hopefully mine is on it’s way. Had a feelling I read someone (maybe Andy?) had already received his.

Had an email today to say my order is now fully processed, so hopefully mine is on it’s way. Had a feelling I read someone (maybe Andy?) had already received his.
Yes, had mine about a fortnight, others have too.

Read from post 105

Yes, had mine about a fortnight, others have too.

Read from post 105
What? A fortnight? I'm definitely sulking now! I'm surprised nobody's reviewed it here yet (unless I've missed it)

Had my completed order email from Lynx a week ago, but no mention of the book being shipped so far. I ordered Seabirds at the same time as All the Birds of the World and when I received my completed order for that book I got a shipping email the following day. So a little surprised I’ve not had anything yet.

What? A fortnight? I'm definitely sulking now! I'm surprised nobody's reviewed it here yet (unless I've missed it)
I received this e-mail on the 21st and it arrived on the 23rd.

'Dear Andy,

Greetings from Lynx Edicions and thank you for your order of Seabirds: The New Identification Guide. We are happy to inform you that we have just received the book from the printers, and we have started packaging and shipping the backorders. Please note that due to the large number of orders, it may take a week to fulfil them all. You will receive a notification via email when your order has shipped.

Thank you for your patience.

Best wishes,

Lynx Edicions'

I received this e-mail on the 21st and it arrived on the 23rd.

'Dear Andy,

Greetings from Lynx Edicions and thank you for your order of Seabirds: The New Identification Guide. We are happy to inform you that we have just received the book from the printers, and we have started packaging and shipping the backorders. Please note that due to the large number of orders, it may take a week to fulfil them all. You will receive a notification via email when your order has shipped.

Thank you for your patience.

Best wishes,

Lynx Edicions'
I got that same email on the same day as you 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think I saw somewhere that, due to the high demand for the book, it might take two weeks to ship all the pre-orders out which means I should get it before the end of the week ......

I think I saw somewhere that, due to the high demand for the book, it might take two weeks to ship all the pre-orders out which means I should get it before the end of the week ......
It's definitely worth the wait, John! One useful aspect for me is the extensive reference list which contained some I had overlooked and others that I hadn't known at all. One tiny niggle to be aware of is that the reference list places names like 'de Knijff' under 'D' and not 'K': I've always employed the latter convention, because with, for example German references, a large number would end up under 'V' for von...!
MJB

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back