• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Seeing the world's birds from my room! (1 Viewer)

I'd like to take a second to introduce myself. My name is Trevor, I am 23 years old, and I became a birder by accident.

By profession, I am a video editor. One of my clients I worked for had decades worth of birding footage that I complied into succinct travel videos for him. (You can see his YouTube Channel here--he has thousands of birds documented: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8HlktCv_ZM)

At first, I was a little indifferent to the birds, but after a couple days, I started to realize the absolutely insane diversity and beauty that exists in this kingdom of nature. I've started birding myself in my home town of San Diego, and now, editing videos of birds and other wildlife is my favorite type of work (here is a condensed video, only 2:23 long https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMKtB5hjoQI).

Editing these videos give me an opportunity to see the world and its birds, especially while this Coronavirus outbreak shuts down travel. Since it seems like most travel plans will be postponed and work forces you to stay home, why not take a couple of days to go through your old images and videos and organize them in your computer, or even make a video out of them to share your adventures with loved ones or Facebook friends? Maybe even start your own birding YouTube channel while you're at it? (P.S., It's way easier than you think!) I'm very much enjoying being a part of this community--thanks for taking the time to read my post too!:clap:

All the best to you, and please stay safe in these quarantined times!

stuartvine

Now that's a novel way to get into birding! I rarely video birds, but have quite a few photos. I do prefer to video large mammals, because quite frankly since most of them are beige or gray, the interest lies in their behavior, not colors. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread