• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seeking richard866945 re: spare parts (1 Viewer)

I have been trying to locate spare rubber eye cups for some old Tasco binoculars and recently found the following post by richard866945. it sounds like he has exactly what I need so I hope he sees this and will reply.

“eyecups

Can anyone help? I have an old pair of Tasco 7x35 binoculars bought for me by my parents when I was a teenager (more than a few years ago!). They are really good binoculars and I do not wish to get rid of them. However, around the eyepiece is a piece of black rubber which folds back on itself for wearers of glasses. The problem is one of those rubber cups is wearing out and is about to fall off. I have tried e-mailing Tasco, but had no reply. Anyone know where I can obtain a replacement?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Rob, does the eyecup fit onto a threaded plastic ring that screws on to the eyepiece? If yes, I may have replacement rubber cups.
I used to be the General Service Manager of the firm that included Tasco in its range of products and still have some spares.”

If richard866945 is still a forum poster I hope he will see this post. I need the type of Tasco screw on rubber eye cups he mentioned in this post, if he is still able to supply them.

richard866945 is still an active member. If you use the @ symbol before a members name they will notified @Swanwatcher

You can also start a private conversation with another member, click on the envelope icon in the top bar.

Hi Swanwatcher and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Think what you've done is enough to alert him to this thread. If he doesn't respond in a few days, you could try starting a conversation with him.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Thanks, I will wait and see whether richard866945 responds. Don’t want to interrupt his sailing over a couple of bits of rubber. For now will make a welfare check on those swans; pretty soon there should be a bunch of “little swans a swimming.” Hope they are better parents than the pair we watched a couple years ago. Their brood of 4 were all killled by local predators. The pair last year raised all theirs (3) successfully.

Back to the reason of my original post, I tried a PM using the envelope at the top, but the system said I needed a valid recipient. When using the envelope feature is the @ symbol needed, or do you just use it within a post reply?

Thanks again,

J

Back to the reason of my original post, I tried a PM using the envelope at the top, but the system said I needed a valid recipient. When using the envelope feature is the @ symbol needed, or do you just use it within a post reply?
When you go to put the recipients name in, don't use the @ but just start typing the name. With luck you'll get some suggestions popping up which you can select from. Otherwise just continue typing.

It has to be exact, so an easier way is to actually copy/paste the user name.

Alternatively, find his profile and click on Start Conversation. His name will be pre-selected.

Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back