• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Serial # (1 Viewer)

cspratt

Just received my new Kowa 823M scope today. Reallly nice piece of work. The digital adapter that I got with it works very well. A nice addition to my optical line (astronomical telescopes are too big for birding!)

I do have one silly question. Where is the serial #? I can't find it anywhere, and the warranty card asks for the serial #. Anyone else have one of these beauties?

Chris. Spratt

Hi Chris

From memory I think the serial number is on the end of the box that the scope came in & it`s on the black tripod mount (on the scope)

Regards Stevo.

Chris,
I remember the same as Stevo and it is on the mount where the tripod attaches but you may have to take off the quick release plate (if one is already on the scope) to see it which is just a thumb screw.

Colin

Chris,
For future information in case you lose the box, the serial number is on the edge of the square base of the scope which attaches to the tripod or quick release plate (if one is fitted) and it is on the side nearest the eyepiece.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back