• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Several Birds of Guangxi Post 3, China, August (1 Viewer)

Hainan on the fly

Hello,

I am trying to get more comfortable in my identifications. I've post quite a few birds along with my guesses.
Conformation or corrections would be much appreciated. Thanks so much for helping out a newbie!

Brian

1. streaked wren-babbler
2. Swinhoe's white eye or Oriental?
3. white-throated fantail

Attachments

• streaked wren-babbler.jpg
    streaked wren-babbler.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 35
  • white eye1.jpg
    white eye1.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 28
  • white-throated fantail2.jpg
    white-throated fantail2.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 31
Agree with nos. 1 & 3.

The White-eye should be Swinhoe's, as Oriental (now renamed Indian) doesn't occur here. EDIT: What was the exact location?

Last edited:
The White-eye should be Swinhoe's, as Oriental (now renamed Indian) doesn't occur here. EDIT: What was the exact location?

Thanks so much Andy! I really appreciate your reply to all my posts today. This was seen in between Hechi and Baise in the north side of the province.

Brian

I believe the nominate subspeciespalpebrosus of Oriental reaches Yunnan, which is not so far from here, although Swinhoe's seems more likely.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back