• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Shenley Fields Lake - Weoley Castle (1 Viewer)

zomerset

A Swan has arrived on the lake this weekend.
I note one turned up a similar time last year.
I'll keep an eye on how long it stays

zomerset

The Swan did not stay long, next time I looked it was gone.
The Coot that had built a nest next to the island on a tree branch that dips into the water has 3 chicks.
A Song Thrush was singing nearby.

zomerset

The 3 Coot chicks are now swimming around another branch that dips into the water.
It was good to see another Coot has built an impressive nest (lol) in the middle of the inlet / shallow area.
Song Thrush again singing nearby.

zomerset

I had not bothered looking as I thought fish had not recovered. A pair of Goosander yesterday with a Heron.
I checked today, the Heron remained on the island where it used to be usually.

zomerset

7 female Goosander & then 2m 2f Shoveler this week on the lake. There must be fish again as, also a Heron.

Rob_S

13 Shoveler and 4 Tufted Duck on this micro-lake yesterday morning. Very surprised at the Shoveler numbers.

zomerset

13 Shoveler and 4 Tufted Duck on this micro-lake yesterday morning. Very surprised at the Shoveler numbers.
Yes good Shoveler numbers. There were still several late afternoon. They've been coming & going for a couple months now.

Users who are viewing this thread