• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shipped binoculars At It’s Best (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
I had started a topic back in Aug 2020 discussing taking real care when shipping to others. So when I just received and opened a package shipped to me today, from a fellow BirdForum Member I thought this deserved special attention having its own thread. From left to right …. first photo show how box was shipped and it’s size. The second photo shows the outer packaging material , with the inside center paper shreds being exposed. Next I had to pull off the outer top packaging to get to those shreddings before I could even reach down to find the binoculars. The next photo shows what I found buried in the middle of the shreddings, a box with the binoculars completely bubble wrapped. Final picture, binoculars retrieved. It doesn’t get any better than this. Heads up to CYCLEGUY… Eric , you did a outstanding job !!.

Attachments

• 04267A3A-10BC-4AFC-8211-EFE8A8C6F304.jpeg
    04267A3A-10BC-4AFC-8211-EFE8A8C6F304.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
  • 102AF934-E9F7-4452-8553-857CCD39BEDC.jpeg
    102AF934-E9F7-4452-8553-857CCD39BEDC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 355E0280-50E7-407F-AF8E-8591FF5121EC.jpeg
    355E0280-50E7-407F-AF8E-8591FF5121EC.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
  • AFC8E155-1BCE-489F-A56A-6063700382A1.jpeg
    AFC8E155-1BCE-489F-A56A-6063700382A1.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
That's so good to hear. Better by far to use too much packing than too little. Enjoy your binoculars!

I remember from the 1980s selling a 400mm budget Sigma lens to someone 200 miles away, and putting it in boxes inside boxes with a lot of foam rubber, everything I could think of to protect in its journey with Royal Mail. It was still an anxious wait until I got a letter from the guy saying it arrived safely and he appreciated it being well packed.

Thanks Gwen. Binoculars certainly do deserve special care and attention when it comes to packing and shipping. The package handlers ( sometimes I think gorillas :) ) don't always do their best with a smooth journey. Once dropped of with the shipper, it feels a bit like taking a leap of faith.

CG

Thanks Gwen. Binoculars certainly do deserve special care and attention when it comes to packing and shipping. The package handlers ( sometimes I think gorillas :) ) don't always do their best with a smooth journey. Once dropped of with the shipper, it feels a bit like taking a leap of faith.

CG
Your Welcome and thanks again for the binoculars my brother really likes them.

I have always taken care when it comes to packing and shipping a product to another forum member whether it's here on Bird Forum or on CN . I suppose I could be accused of over packing . The last thing I want to deal with is a product I have shipped showing up damaged because I didn't take the care needed to make sure they arrive safely . I expect the same care when buying from another member or vendor .

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back