• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shore Lark AKA Horned Lark. (1 Viewer)

I went to Rossall Point again yesterday 22/01/2015 and the shore Lark was still there.

Hi

Hoping to go tomorrow, is there any where in particular I should head for in terms of parking and to find the bird?

Also planning on trying for the near by Skua, just got to find a post code for the area around Pilling End for it.

Cheers

Tim.

I spent a couple of hours looking in vain yesterday around high tide which was just after mid-day. The bird apparently shows on the grass by some picnic tables in the corner of the field closest to the golf course and coast path.

I have to say we couldn't think of anywhere else that we'd visited where there were more dogs off leads and with disrespectful owners? The other birds I tried to photograph were plagued by some individuals who didn't have any concept or care of invading another individual's space. A group of Turnstone in the sun had ball thrown at them which was quickly followed by large lumbering hound in pursuit.

I gave up and left. :) questioning, is Thursday everyone's day-off in Fleetwood or am I also being equally disrespectful? Probably I am.

Evening all,
Anywhere near the Observatory is where it usually is but it is really difficult to spot among the pebbles and high tide mark. I find that if you go south past the Observatory and stand still and scan the area is the best way to see it. Also there are normally a few of the locals monitoring it. You can also ask the volunteers at the Observatory and they will be only too pleased to help.
Most of the dog owners go on the path on the dunes but some of the others go along the tide line with their dogs off the leash creating havoc among the birds.

I was lucky enough to see the bird today, firstly on the golf course and then latter in front of the cars around the car park allowing me to get a shot I was very happy with.

Tim.

Attachments

• shore lark 1.jpg
    shore lark 1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 57
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back