• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shorebirds, Iwahig Penal Farm, Palawan, Philippines 6 & 7 March 2023 (1 Viewer)

Steve Schoech

Supporter
There were several of the first scolopacids, what I convinced myself were Common Greenshanks, actively feeding in the transitional rice paddy. I'm uncertain about the plover in the 2nd pic with the common sandpiper on the left.

Thanks...

Attachments

• Common Greenshank 01.jpg
    Common Greenshank 01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • Unkn plover.jpg
    Unkn plover.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 58
Hello,
I also hope for more pictures of the first bird.
But the striped pattern on the tertials and coverts should make this a pitfall picture of a Marsh Sandpiper.
Seeing this, the bill seems much finer now. No offense you know

I'd agree with Marsh Sandpiper on the first bird. I looks slim, with long legs (at least tibia), long neck, pointed bill with dark base and typical Marsh Sand head pattern (mostly white with grey cap and grey ear coverts).

Hello,
I also hope for more pictures of the first bird.
But the striped pattern on the tertials and coverts should make this a pitfall picture of a Marsh Sandpiper.
Seeing this, the bill seems much finer now. No offense you know
Here are a couple more of the first bird (the first two) and two others from the next day, same spot.

Attachments

• Unkn Sandpiper 01.jpg
    Unkn Sandpiper 01.jpg
    979.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Unkn Sandpiper 02.jpg
    Unkn Sandpiper 02.jpg
    832.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Unkn Sandpiper 03.jpg
    Unkn Sandpiper 03.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • Unkn Sandpiper 04.jpg
    Unkn Sandpiper 04.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back