• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shorebirds (1 Viewer)

sja68

My pictures were not great from our birding trip yesterday. I don't know the problem. I have a panasonic FZ7.

Can any of the birds in these photos be identified?

Taken in a flooded out cornfield in upstate NY.

Thank you.
Kathy

Attachments

• P1160615.jpg
    P1160615.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 86
  • P1160616.jpg
    P1160616.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 89
  • P1160623.jpg
    P1160623.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Photos are up now. In the first photo, I see 2 Lesser Yellowlegs and what appears to be a Spotted (or possibly Solitary) Sandpiper-- but the latter bird is not showing up well at all in the photo. Habitat/behavior (wading rather than scurrying on the shore) and leg color looks better for Solitary Sandpiper, but size looks better for Spotted. I believe the second and third photos are Lesser Yellowlegs also, but not positive.

Best,
Jim

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back