• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Should i avoid Simply Electronics? (1 Viewer)

Jungle

Hi,

I'm wondering what members would say about the online company - Simply Electronics.net - Having looked at various other sites on the web for new canon gear they are always coming out cheaper on products. Although there are a few "bad" reports on the internet too. So are the savings worthwhile?

Thanks George

Yes, avoid Simply Electronics - have read loads of complaints about them on the internet.

The following cut-price "grey-import" type websites seem to be trustworthy, I have personally used all three and found them to be great:

- Panamoz
- Hdew
- DigitalRev

Good luck with whatever you do!

cheers,
Nick

Yes, avoid Simply Electronics - have read loads of complaints about them on the internet.

The following cut-price "grey-import" type websites seem to be trustworthy, I have personally used all three and found them to be great:

- Panamoz
- Hdew
- DigitalRev

Good luck with whatever you do!

cheers,
Nick
I share your sentiments 100%, having also used your three preferred suppliers.

I bought a Canon camera (SX60HS) from them on 14 Oct. on the basis of price, over 3 weeks to my holiday and an 'In Stock, dispatch in 2-3 days' message on the website. When it was not here 8 working days later I did a bit of research and started to get concerned.

Eventually got it last Friday (18 working days), having paid a £5 supplement to DPD to get it in time for my holiday this week (starts tomorrow) and many calls and e mails to customer service. No quibbles about the product or the packing, but SLOWWW and their customer service is just endless platitudes as I'm sure they are as much in the dark as you are. They also seem to have no latitude for anything out of process. For example I got a 'Good news, your item is ready for dispatch in the next few days' email AFTER I had received it.

It would also seem from the courier paperwork that it was collected in Amsterdam by the courier on 31/10, in the UK on 3/11, then sat in the couriers UK depot until 6/11 'awaiting payment'.

So if you want cheap, slow and no CS then go ahead. In my case the camera was UK spec and in excellent condition. Just hope I never have to involve them in any warranty issues.

I concur with the above. I used them for a Speedlite 600 and having ordered it, only then thought to check reviews of the supplier. Scared the hell out of me! My flash turned up within 4 days but that's the longest I've ever held my breath. Shan't use them again, far too many horror stories on line.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back