• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Sicalis lebruni (Oustalet, 1891) (1 Viewer)

Taphrospilus

Sicalis lebruni (Oustalet, 1891) OD here

The Eponym Dictionary of Birds claims:

Édouard A. Lebrun (1852-1904) was a french taxidermist who collected in Argentinia (1882)

The old key:

Édouard A. Lebrun (1852-1904) French taxidermist, collector in Argentina 1882 (Sicalis).

And the Bulletin du Muséum national d'histoire naturelle here

LEBRUN (Édouard-Adolphe). Ancien préparateur au Muséum. Voyageur naturaliste: Patagonie (Expédition du Volage), à Saint Calais (Sarthe) ... 22 nov . 1904

Here in 1877

Muséum - M. Lebrun (Edouard-Adolphe), employé temporaire au laboratoire de la chaire de malacologie du Muséum d'histoire naturelle, est nommé préparateur de ladite chaire, en remplacement de M. Potteau, décedé.

I did not find the record in Archive en ligne as it stops 1902 here.

And if I read here ...

Dans sa séance du 22 novembre 1904, l'Assemblée des Professeurs a décerné le titre de Correspondant du Muséum à M. Lebrun (Edouard-Adolphe), ancien Préparateur de Malacologie.

... I even doubt that he has died in 1904.

Last edited:

PScofield

NameEdouard Adolphe Lebrun
Birth23 déc. 1852 (23 Dec 1852) Paris, Seine
Civil23 déc. 1852 (23 Dec 1852)

This record seems to be incorrect:

Last edited:
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread