• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Sirui VH-10 (1 Viewer)

Bill Atwood

Supporter
United States
There was some discussion of the Sirui VH-10 in this thread:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=284919

Just thought I'd create this new thread to update my experience and for future reference for those interested in the VH-10. In the above thread I mentioned that my first copy of the VH-10 failed. Well so far the second copy of the VH-10 (from Aragraph) has worked fine. The vertical pan damping is perfect for the Swarovski ATX95 scope. I do wish the horizontal panning and plate lock levers were a bit larger. And the plate can be difficult to slide into the head at times.

One change in my modus operandi of scope/tripod handling is that I now remove the scope from the head before stowing it in a vehicle. This may prevent reoccurrence of the broken/loose screw issue. Also this makes the use of loctite on the plate screw a functional and long term solution for keeping the scope from swiveling.

Given that the current price of the VH-10 is $250 I would likely go with the Manfrotto MVH500AH at $160.00 - $170.00

Users who are viewing this thread