• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

smartphone telephoto lens (1 Viewer)

FrankD

Not me but you have my interest. I was thinking of something very similar for some family situations I have run into. My idea was to add some type of lens/optic to my Iphone via a specialized case. I was doing much the same thing with a Carson Iphone/binocular adapter and an Opticron monocular. The monocular's 8x magnification was a bit much but it was closer to what I needed than just the Iphone itself. My thought was that a compact 3x-4x lens would probably do the trick. Glad to see some companies are already looking into this.

Binoscoper

Also a spotting scoper
By the looks of it, zeiss have released these lenses. They must be new?

Sadly they are no use to me as I have a Samsung :-C

Certainly something of interest to me if zeiss decide to make them for samsung and others.

fugl

The iPhone7 plus has 2 built-in lenses, a 30mm-equivalent wide-angle and a 60mm-equivalent normal lens. Are there optical attachments available for increasing the latter's focal length, does anyone here know?

Users who are viewing this thread