• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Snags or just features no longer available? (1 Viewer)

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
Poor Ollie - so many questions! 🙇‍♂️
Re Seeing Other Members

• We can no longer see when members are viewing a particular thread when we are in the thread or which members are in a particular forum - this use to be a very useful feature, especially in the ID threads as it lets us know what members are looking already looking at an ID or whether we need to PM them for an opinion.
It used to be helpfully in Ruffled Feathers especially - if gives a sense of connection to other members for eg.

Is that here to stay?

• Is there anyway to re-order the members online into alphabetical order like before - rather than latest arrivals. It makes it easier to find out if a particular member is on line rather than scrolling through a random list of 900 or so names?

• There used to be a ‘member online’ light under members name. I found this particularly useful when I have several windows open then realise I’ve not logged out properly afterwards. It was easy to see at a glance who is online.

Kits

Picture Picker
There used to be a ‘member online’ light under members name. I found this particularly useful when I have several windows open then realise I’ve not logged out properly afterwards. It was easy to see at a glance who is online.

There is a little green light with a drawing of a person at the bottom of the avatar to show the member is on line, Deb.

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
There used to be a ‘member online’ light under members name. I found this particularly useful when I have several windows open then realise I’ve not logged out properly afterwards. It was easy to see at a glance who is online.

There is a little green light with a drawing of a person at the bottom of the avatar to show the member is on line, Deb.
Brilliant Kits - I had noticed the little green person that but didn’t realise only members current online had it!

Nutcracker

Stop Brexit!
That shows on my avatar too, but I specifically de-ticked it in my preferences so it shouldn't show?

Kits

Picture Picker
Yes, you can have the option to hide your online status. I guess it is up to the individual poster as to whether they mind posters knowing they are on line or not. :cool:

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
One other feature that may be gone? Is it possible to change settings to see the subfora directly on the main page? For example in Camera section, I like to be able to see if there are new posts in particular sections and ignore others without having to open the overall camera section.

Niels

Steve

Surfing
Staff member
United Kingdom
One other feature that may be gone? Is it possible to change settings to see the subfora directly on the main page? For example in Camera section, I like to be able to see if there are new posts in particular sections and ignore others without having to open the overall camera section.

Niels
Yes I think this is possible, get back to you with an answer soon

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe

Niels
Is this any help? Just an alternative suggestion - I’ve created my own mini BF forum page in my watched section for the same reason so can get alerts in particular sections etc

Users who are viewing this thread