• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

So fast (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I really can't get over how quickly posts, particularly Gallery comments get uploaded now. I used to have to sit for ages while it thought about it LOL. ⚡

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
And the great thing is D, all our drafts our saved so if we want to have time to think about what we write, there’s little risk now of being timed out - that for me is amazing when you have to keep going backwards and forwards to different BF pages (eg when composing an ID post) or accidentally close the BF tab when looking at ebird or something. And so fast to make an edit too!

delia todd

Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Cheers Deb. I've not really had to make use of that feature yet, but it sounds like it will be really useful for Opus editing, as some of them can take a while researching some information, then getting distracted with Modding duties etc. Sometimes I forget I've not finished it.

Fortunately my browser will (usually) open up the next day with the pages as I left them but .... sounds like I've a belts and braces system LOL

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
Cheers Deb. I've not really had to make use of that feature yet, but it sounds like it will be really useful for Opus editing, as some of them can take a while researching some information, then getting distracted ...
As far as I know D, it seems to save what I write anyway until I actually post the reply. I’ve starting writing posts but not posted them, and it’s still there after going to other pages on BF and coming back. The drop down menu under the 3 dots on the right has the actual save draft feature which I haven’t used much either but it seems to save a draft of my post, even if I log out of BF.

delia todd

Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
As far as I know D, it seems to save what I write anyway until I actually post the reply. I’ve starting writing posts but not posted them, and it’s still there after going to other pages on BF and coming back. The drop down menu under the 3 dots on the right has the actual save draft feature which I haven’t used much either but it seems to save a draft of my post, even if I log out of BF.
Oh.... I've not even explored that yet!!

Gilmore Girl

Beth
Supporter
United States
Yes, lots of improvements I've noticed. The old site was a bit clunky and slow. Also, I like the appearance and organization of the new site; it's easier to use and I'm liking it much better so far. There's a lot of nitpicking from others, but I'm just having a much easier time with it. I think they did a great job.
Does anyone know how to donate? I should really give something at this point; I'm overdue.

delia todd

Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Yes, lots of improvements I've noticed. The old site was a bit clunky and slow. Also, I like the appearance and organization of the new site; it's easier to use and I'm liking it much better so far. There's a lot of nitpicking from others, but I'm just having a much easier time with it. I think they did a great job.
Does anyone know how to donate? I should really give something at this point; I'm overdue.
I think they're probably trying to organise that part of the forum Beth and hopefully it'll be soon. A few things just couldn't migrate across. Ollie's been doing a sterling job getting the niggles sorted.

Gilmore Girl

Beth
Supporter
United States
I think they're probably trying to organise that part of the forum Beth and hopefully it'll be soon. A few things just couldn't migrate across. Ollie's been doing a sterling job getting the niggles sorted.
got it ... thank you for the update. I'll look out for it :)

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Once all the little problems are corrected Ollie deserves a vacation for all his hard work!

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
I'm glad uploading images in the gallery is straight forward now, no pictures being uploaded upside down.

Users who are viewing this thread