• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Some images with my "old" Canon 6d and 400 mm F/5.6 (1 Viewer)

Owen Krout

Supporter
Thanks for sharing those fantastic shots with us! A common affliction for us is the the lust for the latest and greatest tech and hence convincing ourselves that the expense that goes with that is worth it. You give us a perfect example of the old adage that the best camera (or lens) is the one you have with you. I struggle with it like everyone else. My 7D is approaching 100,000 shutter activations and I could afford a Canon R or even R6 and lens, but I had already been considering just getting a 6D just to have a full frame to play around with.

binomania

. La mia 7D si sta avvicinando a 100.000 attivazioni dell'otturatore e potrei permettermi una Canon R o anche una R6 e un obiettivo, ma stavo già pensando di acquistare una 6D solo per avere un full frame con cui giocare.

Thanks for sharing those fantastic shots with us! A common affliction for us is the the lust for the latest and greatest tech and hence convincing ourselves that the expense that goes with that is worth it. You give us a perfect example of the old adage that the best camera (or lens) is the one you have with you. I struggle with it like everyone else. My 7D is approaching 100,000 shutter activations and I could afford a Canon R or even R6 and lens, but I had already been considering just getting a 6D just to have a full frame to play around with.
Dear Owen, at first many thanks for the comments and compliments. Thanks! I also have a 7D Mark II, however for some genres of photography I prefer the old 6D. Generates very clean files even at high ISO, perfect for birds in the woods or ungulates. The 7DII has better focus and multi-shot, but if one knows their camera well, they still enjoy it. For the record, my 400mm, now at 14 years! and still fine.
Now I'm doing some video with the Zeiss Harpia 95 and an Olympus OMD EM5II. It will show you some results in the next few days. here, on binomania.it and on my new YouTube Channel. Ciao!

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread