• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some images with my "old" Canon 6d and 400 mm F/5.6 (1 Viewer)

Thanks for sharing those fantastic shots with us! A common affliction for us is the the lust for the latest and greatest tech and hence convincing ourselves that the expense that goes with that is worth it. You give us a perfect example of the old adage that the best camera (or lens) is the one you have with you. I struggle with it like everyone else. My 7D is approaching 100,000 shutter activations and I could afford a Canon R or even R6 and lens, but I had already been considering just getting a 6D just to have a full frame to play around with.

. La mia 7D si sta avvicinando a 100.000 attivazioni dell'otturatore e potrei permettermi una Canon R o anche una R6 e un obiettivo, ma stavo già pensando di acquistare una 6D solo per avere un full frame con cui giocare.

Thanks for sharing those fantastic shots with us! A common affliction for us is the the lust for the latest and greatest tech and hence convincing ourselves that the expense that goes with that is worth it. You give us a perfect example of the old adage that the best camera (or lens) is the one you have with you. I struggle with it like everyone else. My 7D is approaching 100,000 shutter activations and I could afford a Canon R or even R6 and lens, but I had already been considering just getting a 6D just to have a full frame to play around with.
Dear Owen, at first many thanks for the comments and compliments. Thanks! I also have a 7D Mark II, however for some genres of photography I prefer the old 6D. Generates very clean files even at high ISO, perfect for birds in the woods or ungulates. The 7DII has better focus and multi-shot, but if one knows their camera well, they still enjoy it. For the record, my 400mm, now at 14 years! and still fine.
Now I'm doing some video with the Zeiss Harpia 95 and an Olympus OMD EM5II. It will show you some results in the next few days. here, on binomania.it and on my new YouTube Channel. Ciao!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back