• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

someone post! (1 Viewer)

hey Nebraskans! i went here with hope of being able to chat with people from the same place i am but i was sadly let down. :( i wish whoever sees this or comes to this section posts something (picture, question, etc).

over and out

actually im not much of a bird watcher yet. i would like to be but i dont have any god cameras or binoculars. :( and i dont have a car to get around. once i do i will probably will go out bird watching. im guessing wilderness park is a good spot?

Wilderness Park is the most forested park in Lincoln, so it's the natural place to go. I'm not sure which parts are the most interesting - I usually start from the Old Cheney parking areas. http://www.friendsofwildernesspark.net/fwp/

The lakes around Capitol Beach seem to be the place to find waterbirds.

Shoemaker Marsh on the north side of town is a Nature Conservancy preserve - it has a small marsh and open grasslands.

Spring Creek Prairie in Denton is a very nice prairie restoration project which is good for sparrows. and other grassland birds. http://springcreekprairie.audubon.org

I'm sure you can find a lot of other locations by browsing the NEBirds list, www.noubirds.org and others.

In the spring of the (late March and early April) see if you can get a ride over to the Grand Island/Kearney area. There you will see thousands of SANDHILL CRANES! Of course, there are also a lot of geese/ducks and other birds, but the cranes are what everybody goes to see/hear.

actually im not much of a bird watcher yet. i would like to be but i dont have any god cameras or binoculars. :(

Get some small nice binoculars. I'd say skip the camera and get a good digital recorder to record calls for help with identification. The Sony (mine) and Olympus are popular.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back