• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony DSC-H5 blue halo (1 Viewer)

Drake Reed

I need some help please. New to camera, posting and computers. I got a Sony DSC-H5 with a 2X telextender. When using this combination I get a blue halo in all my shots. First, how can I prevent it? Second, how can I eleminate it in my existing pictures? I think I am missing something basic.

Hi DR. Most likely the X2 converter is creating Chromatic aberration. Why din't you post an example (with and without converter). jose

Providing there isn't a lot of blue in the image, you can remove the fringing with the Hue Saturation filter in Photoshop. The colour balance may also work. Ernie

mmdnje said:
Hi DR. Most likely the X2 converter is creating Chromatic aberration. Why din't you post an example (with and without converter). jose

Thanks: I think this was the ticket. I had to do a little research re "Chromatic aberration". Turns out I had to fool around with some kind of "peak" setting on the camera. The reason I didn't post is because I am still fumbling around with the computer too. I am going to attempt to post some successes tonight.

erniehatt said:
Providing there isn't a lot of blue in the image, you can remove the fringing with the Hue Saturation filter in Photoshop. The colour balance may also work. Ernie

Lame as it may be, I still have to acquire a Photoshop. This has been a slow learning curve for yours truly. But I think I got the blue demon figured out. Thanks for the advise!

Go for Photoshop Elements for the first time with photoshop. It has what you need for fixing your digital pictures and the learning curve is not as great. Plus its less money.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back