• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS (1 Viewer)

A7r4 200/600

Just to show how it can be cropped after some PP work
Rob.

Attachments

• DSC06402 FF.jpg
    DSC06402 FF.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC06402 CROP.jpg
    DSC06402 CROP.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 372
I fixed my red-shouldered hawk link above - for some reason I accidentally put the address for the fritillary twice! It's fixed, and now points to the hawk shot.

Tried my a9mk II and 200/600 today crop top with pp work done and ff below the bird was at the far limits but turned out better than I thought it would .
The AF really is amazing most of the 400 shots i took were in focus or very very near, rippled water at times and trees in the background can trip it up now and then but i was using Zone and there are a lot of focus point so i'm not surprised that this can happen .
I tried Locked on and then responsive, to me there was not much difference both worked fine shutter speed today was 1/3200 f6.3 iso 800 .
Rob.

Attachments

• DSC00204 small.jpg
    DSC00204 small.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC00204 ff.jpg
    DSC00204 ff.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 242
I've been seriously considering the A92 + the 200-600 as a lightweight setup hence been doing a lot of research, with all due respect to the previous images posted I'm not seeing images which looks sharp to me thats making me rush out and buy, the camera yes the lens I'm not so sure, that said the quality of the two big cropped images looks pretty good to me.

Any video sample with a non-stabilized sensor?

Any video sample with a non-stabilized sensor camera?
As strange as it might look for some, my interest on this lens is mostly for video use, besides BIFs...:-O

I've been seriously considering the A92 + the 200-600 as a lightweight setup hence been doing a lot of research, with all due respect to the previous images posted I'm not seeing images which looks sharp to me thats making me rush out and buy, the camera yes the lens I'm not so sure, that said the quality of the two big cropped images looks pretty good to me.

I don't think you will see the quality here on bird forum. All images are reduced in size and the quality suffer with it. Previously I posted some bird images and was disappointed with the images as shown on the forum.

I've now been shooting with this lens for nearly 10 months on my A6600. Despite Covid lockdowns, I've had someplace to shoot birds and wildlife, with a month or so just around my neighborhood, then a few more months having to hit some dry western spots in the Everglades, before returning to my 'regular' wetlands spots again in September. Here's a link to my running gallery of everything taken with the 200-600mm lens, updated weekly (newest shots first):

https://pbase.com/zackiedawg/sony_200600mm&page=all

I don't think you will see the quality here on bird forum. All images are reduced in size and the quality suffer with it. Previously I posted some bird images and was disappointed with the images as shown on the forum.

Try this image taken with a "prime" can't see a major drop in image quality, taken at f4 to "blow out" the background and not possible at f6.3

Attachments

• untitled-406-Edit.jpg
    untitled-406-Edit.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back