• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Sony (1 Viewer)

Mugil

As I am using for a couple of weeks Sony DSC-P51 camera, it is strange that nobody tried to digiscope with this device. Newertheles that I will soon buy Nikon CP 4500, but the results with this (only 2.0 mega pixels) are quite good. Today I have got a new adapter for this camera and the first result is no vignetting with 2x optical zoom and 20 x on scope. The new adapter is fixed on scope eyepiece; camera is flexible (handheld). I realize that in many occasions this is the best solution, but you have to own very good and stable tripod. I am using an old, heavy, partialy wooden profesionaly geodetic tripod, and it is very very stable.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
I have a friend who is digiscoping with the Sony Mavica and is getting excellent results hand held to the scope. She does get vignetting but she is able to crop it out on most pics. Heck, she is doing better than I am with my nikon.

Users who are viewing this thread