• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Sound file, Glasgow Scotland (1 Viewer)

Muso

Scotland
Hi all

After years on BF and a lot of members' help, I'm definitely getting better with visual ID, however sound is still largely a mystery to me. My wife recorded this about half an hour ago outside our front door (apologies for loud background hum) as dusk was kicking in. Not sure, but she thinks it is a "conversation", as opposed to a single bird. Couldn't see anything, as seemed to be hidden in a clump of trees / large bushes. Been on xenocanto searching usual suspects, but as usual, I don't know what it is I'm looking for so just randomly trying to find a match. Suspect it will be fairly common, but not to me...grateful for any assistance.
View attachment Birdsong - 12:03:2021, 18.47.mp3

Richard Prior

Halfway up an Alp
Europe
Hi Muso, it’s a Song Thrush, just one bird in fact, they repeat a phrase a couple of times then do another one so that’s why your wife will have imagined a duet going on!

Muso

Scotland
Hi Muso, it’s a Song Thrush, just one bird in fact, they repeat a phrase a couple of times then do another one so that’s why your wife will have imagined a duet going on!
Many thanks Richard - just to let you know where I am with this, song thrush was one of the ones I looked up on xenocanto - and didn't recognise...! Although I did think that was closest out of those I searched, but still sounded different to me. Thanks again.

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread