• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

South African bird of prey (1 Viewer)

harley7642

Hi All,

Great to be part of this forum. I took this photo whilst on safari in South Africa (Timbavati close to the Kruger). I am currently processing my bird photos from the safari (around 110 different types in 10 days) Can anyone please identify.

Many thanks
Chris Lisney-Smith

Attachments

• robyn list 17.jpg
    robyn list 17.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 88

KC Foggin

Supporter
United States
Hi Chris and and warm welcome to you from the entire staff here at BF :t:

I'm moving your thread to the Bird Identification Q & A where it is likely to get a speedy answer from our resident geniuses ;)

Tib78

And I would add juvenile moulting to adult plumage, 4 inner primaries new and adult type, all other and tail juvenile

Yes, and a growing S1 if I am not mistaken...

For the record Tom, have a look at this one in the attachement below, kind of an unsual moult pattern...

Attachments

• _MG_9774.jpg
    _MG_9774.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 44

harley7642

Many thanks very informative. There were lots of juveniles around, always makes identifying a bit more of a challenge. What is the easiest way of adding photos to the gallery?

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Go to the top of any page in birdforum, hit the gallery tab, and on the page that opens hit the icon with a camera and "upload photo" over on the right side.

A photo works best if it has about 900 pixels on the longest side.

If you run into trouble, ask.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread