• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

South Birmingham misc sightings (1 Viewer)

Rob Williams

It's using the house with the feeder in the front garden (and surrounding trees / rooftops / gardens) at the north (Muntz Park) end of the road. Still there today, as per Twitter, usually a few other birders around.

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks Matt, I went down today and found it. You're right, the presence of others made finding the location easy.

Rob

Pam Dragon

Hi all, I managed to see the Black Redstart at Cherington Road today, my first, dead chuffed. Many thanks to the gentlemen that pointed him out, much appreciated.
Even managed a quick photo |:D|

Redstart-Black.JPG

DaveJones

Harborne Poole

Drake and two Redhead Goosander's this PM. Pool is located between Cross Farm Road and Leahurst Crescent.

Garden tick!!!!!:-O

Rob_S

Red-Legged Partridge in our garden from 4pm until 7pm this afternoon. Feeding happily with the Woodpigeons, pottered into next door neighbours garden for a while then came back.

This is the second time we've had this species here, last time was about 10 years ago before I started birding. That bird was clearly distressed, running around frantically before disappearing quickly. Today's visitor could not have been more different.

I'd love to know where they've come from. Not a species that's reported regularly in the countryside south of Birmingham, as far as I'm aware.

the Harborne Flyer

RLP still present this morning.

Little egret at Selly Oak retail park today. Adjacent to the park is a brownfield site with lots of shallow pools ,ideal for passage waders so I'm hoping something drops in during the next few weeks, especially on a weekend when there is no-one working at the on-site portacabins and causing disturbance. One can view from the service road to the retail units.

Rob_S

Black Redstart back on Cherington Road, Stirchley for at least its third winter. I don't know when it returned, but seen well by multiple observers this week. It was feeding happily in the drizzle on the wall outside the usual house around 9.15 this morning.

Rob_S

Photos posted on Twitter of a Great White Egret seen yesterday in Bournville Park (not by me).

Over-wintering Blackcaps in our garden again in the last week - 2 males this year.

Users who are viewing this thread