• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

South Birmingham misc sightings (1 Viewer)

It's using the house with the feeder in the front garden (and surrounding trees / rooftops / gardens) at the north (Muntz Park) end of the road. Still there today, as per Twitter, usually a few other birders around.

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks Matt, I went down today and found it. You're right, the presence of others made finding the location easy.

Rob

Hi all, I managed to see the Black Redstart at Cherington Road today, my first, dead chuffed. Many thanks to the gentlemen that pointed him out, much appreciated.
Even managed a quick photo |:D|

Redstart-Black.JPG

Harborne Poole

Drake and two Redhead Goosander's this PM. Pool is located between Cross Farm Road and Leahurst Crescent.

Garden tick!!!!!:-O

Red-Legged Partridge in our garden from 4pm until 7pm this afternoon. Feeding happily with the Woodpigeons, pottered into next door neighbours garden for a while then came back.

This is the second time we've had this species here, last time was about 10 years ago before I started birding. That bird was clearly distressed, running around frantically before disappearing quickly. Today's visitor could not have been more different.

I'd love to know where they've come from. Not a species that's reported regularly in the countryside south of Birmingham, as far as I'm aware.

RLP still present this morning.

Little egret at Selly Oak retail park today. Adjacent to the park is a brownfield site with lots of shallow pools ,ideal for passage waders so I'm hoping something drops in during the next few weeks, especially on a weekend when there is no-one working at the on-site portacabins and causing disturbance. One can view from the service road to the retail units.

Black Redstart back on Cherington Road, Stirchley for at least its third winter. I don't know when it returned, but seen well by multiple observers this week. It was feeding happily in the drizzle on the wall outside the usual house around 9.15 this morning.

Photos posted on Twitter of a Great White Egret seen yesterday in Bournville Park (not by me).

Over-wintering Blackcaps in our garden again in the last week - 2 males this year.

Hi everyone, been a while since i posted here due to Self Isolation and Boris, so have not been able to go Birding as much as i would like So, with the current weather i thought it might be a good day for for Raptors. So having just spent 2 hours looking up (neck strain withstanding!) from my Harborne garden, it seems i was correct in doing so with both a Goshawk and Red kite logged!! The Gos was high heading N/NE and the Kite was heading due south, always worth a scan when hearing alarm calls from Gulls high up. Works everytime...well almost!

Also two Buzzards displaying and a Male Sparrowhawk through.

There was a Raven at lunch time today at the top of one of the tall Scots Pine trees at Lyndon Playing Fields (just inside the boundary of Solihull adjacent to South Yardley & Sheldon).

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1646670068375.jpg
    FB_IMG_1646670068375.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2
  • FB_IMG_1646670070778.jpg
    FB_IMG_1646670070778.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2
A surprise visitor to the garden yesterday😯😯😯, unfortunately not seen as yet today.

Attachments

• Redstart April 2022b.JPG
    Redstart April 2022b.JPG
    392.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Redstart April 2022c.JPG
    Redstart April 2022c.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Redstart April 2022g.JPG
    Redstart April 2022g.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Redstart April 2022h.JPG
    Redstart April 2022h.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • Redstart April 2022j.JPG
    Redstart April 2022j.JPG
    733.9 KB · Views: 1
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back