• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

South East Arizona, April 4th 2021 (1 Viewer)

uk2usa

I just spent a fantastic 3 days in South East Arizona. Over 1000 images taken!
On day 1 I spent time in Tubac, on the De Anza Trail, then to Madera Canyon.
These IDs are giving me some problems (back story, I am color blind and find some IDs very challenging).
Can anyone hep with these IDs? Thanks.

Unknonw #1 - unsure (Taken in Tubac)
Unknown #2 - Rufous-winged?? (Tubac)
Unknown #3 - I am really hoping that this is the female Rose throated Becard (Tubac)
Unknown #4 - Cassin's Kingbird?? (Tubac)
Unknown #5 - Song Sparrow?? (Santa Rita Lodge, Madera Canyon)

Thanks.

Attachments

• Unknown 1.jpg
    Unknown 1.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Unknown 2.jpg
    Unknown 2.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Unknown 3.jpg
    Unknown 3.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Unknown 4.jpg
    Unknown 4.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Unnown 5.jpg
    Unnown 5.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 40
Thanks Andrew - shame about the Becard, but I half knew it wasn't - it was too far from the Becard nest that was in the area!

1. Lucy's Warbler
2. Rufous-winged Sparrow
3. Ash-throated Flycatcher (I think it's too early for the other Myiarchus flycatchers
4. Cassin's Kingbird
5. Song Sparrow

1. Lucy's Warbler
2. Rufous-winged Sparrow
3. Ash-throated Flycatcher (I think it's too early for the other Myiarchus flycatchers
4. Cassin's Kingbird
5. Song Sparrow
There are several reports on Ebird of Dusky-capped Flycatcher in the area over the last few days, so I don't think the date can discount it.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back