• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrow, Spano Park, Fresno, California, USA (1 Viewer)

SHolt

I saw this bird hopping around during my entire time at Spano Park. I was only able to take two images that were not too blurry. I was never able to see it through binoculars. It stayed hidden in dense vegetation about 10 meters below me through a fence. With the naked eye, I could tell it wasn't a White-crowned Sparrow (I saw at least 100 of those in a flock). It avoided the flock. There was 100% cloud cover, 0-8 mph wind, and it was 39 degrees Fahrenheit when I started birding at 0915 am. PST.

Thanks for the assistance.

Attachments

• Crop_Sparrow_SpanoPark_Fresno_20170114_IMG_5138.jpg
    Crop_Sparrow_SpanoPark_Fresno_20170114_IMG_5138.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Crop_Sparrow_SpanoPark_Fresno_20170114_IMG_5135.jpg
    Crop_Sparrow_SpanoPark_Fresno_20170114_IMG_5135.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 59
Thanks! My best guesses were Lincoln, Savanna, or Song...but it has been a while since I've observed these species.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back