• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Spotless Starling, Madrid Airport (1 Viewer)

Pitta Patter

I have a brief stop over at Madrid Airport coming up just after Christmas on my way to somewhere else. Spotless Starling would be a new bird for me. Does anyone know if there are easy places to see them from the terminal building? for some reason I thought there were but it's a big airport and not sure where best to look.

Allen S. Moore

If I had your quest I would see if any were feeding on patches of open grass. Of course, your question is "where?" but I can't help with that, as I've always "dived" into the Metro when I've flown to or from Madrid; at least, I have since I realised how mad the taxi drivers are in Madrid!

Actually, does anyone see spotless starlings feeding by the runway at Madrid?

JWN Andrewes

Poor Judge of Pasta.
When we tried this a few years back (acting with no prior information) the ones we saw (can't remember precisely where) were perched up on some kind of aerial or antenna.

Good luck

James

Jon Turner

We saw a few around the main International terminal - I think that, White Wagtail and House Sparrow were all we found... It was in late February I think. Just look and hope really. It's a very impressive airport!

temmie

FWIW, I saw Stone-curlew and a family of Little Bustard from the taxiing plane.
This was July, though. I didn't notice any Starlings, but once in the airport building, I wasn't really looking anymore (more attention to the food and drinks).

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread