• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spotting scopes that offer the same value proposition as the Monarch HG bins? (1 Viewer)

muxo

The Monarch HG's punch above their weight and I've read many people compare them favorable to far more expensive glass from Zeiss and Swarovski.

Are there spotting scopes that offer the same value proposition as the MHG bins? Perhaps Nikon's own Monarch Fieldscope?

I've been eying the MONARCH FIELDSCOPE 60ED-S WITH MEP-16-48x (I'm leaning towards the straight for easy of packing and the 60mm objective for compactness and weight), but I'm curious how much I miss out in terms of quality compared to more expensive offerings from Zeiss.

I reviewed the 82mm Monarch Fieldscope here.

Within the limitations of its smaller aperture a good copy of the 60mm Monarch should do just as well as the 82mm.

I reviewed the 82mm Monarch Fieldscope here.

Within the limitations of its smaller aperture a good copy of the 60mm Monarch should do just as well as the 82mm.

Fantastic review, pleasantly surprised. Thank you for bringing the review to my attention as it answers most of my questions.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back