• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Spring migration 2021 (1 Viewer)

I was looking up migration tracker maps for both common loons and ruby-throated hummingbirds on 2 different sources last night, and apparently both of these species were already spotted earlier this winter season at Virginia Beach, VA. Which means I better be keeping a lookout now, because who knows how soon they'll arrive up here in Ohio? I mean, I don't know if all those snowstorms in the south have something to do with this early of migration. But since someone else has already spotted a ruby-throat from all the way up in Washington state earlier this month... :rolleyes:

birdmeister

United States
I was looking up migration tracker maps for both common loons and ruby-throated hummingbirds on 2 different sources last night, and apparently both of these species were already spotted earlier this winter season at Virginia Beach, VA. Which means I better be keeping a lookout now, because who knows how soon they'll arrive up here in Ohio? I mean, I don't know if all those snowstorms in the south have something to do with this early of migration. But since someone else has already spotted a ruby-throat from all the way up in Washington state earlier this month... :rolleyes:
I can't wait for more spring migration, too! I will say, though, that both the hummingbird and loon could be wintering birds in Virginia, given that more Ruby-throats are choosing to winter in North America than before. Perhaps we'll have to wait until April for the new arrivals after all!

Users who are viewing this thread