• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Springwatch 2023 (1 Viewer)

Megan’s little mishap was funny I wish they didn’t show the clip of The Fox & The Blackbird thst was a bit much to show.

I thought it showed intelligence on the part of the fox and was worth seeing for that. It's a shame about the chicks but at least the adults are still alive and they could have another brood, hopefully in a less exposed location.

While Chris wrote the hypothesis off that it could be related to the adult being hungry, I was thinking that a shortage of insects was meaning they were unable to sufficiently feed the chicks and this was why it did this.

They also went without music throughout the programme and I'm sure that would have made many people happy. It showed that the music wasn't needed.

I agree with others that it was the best Springwatch so far – very enjoyable and informative viewing. It was definitely a good decision to move away from Norfolk this year as the weather here was dreadful – cold, windy and cloudy for most of the time. It was rather galling to hear them crowing about how warm and sunny it was "down there".

Ron

We had the exact same weather here around Glasgow as them Ron. I think the east coast from south right up to the north was under cloud, but it seems most places to the west were entirely sunny for the three weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back