• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Star testing Atx95 sample (1 Viewer)

BoldenEagle

Finland
Had an opportunity to quickly test my friend's Atx 95mm scope. Light source was improvised with silver fishing reel at sunlight, distance about 20m, not too much heat haze.

Inside and outside patterns were practically identical; just some ovalness caused by astigmatism but not severe. No prism line to be detected and no coma. Only other thing I noticed was some chromatic aberrations, which I never see with my Kowa 883 sample.

So in a summary; it was at least very close to a cherry sample. SA was better corrected than with any scope I have seen (not high number and mainly Kowa 883 samples). It was also confirmed by just looking any object and zooming in; there seem not to be any degradation of image quality between 30-70x power.

Regards, Juhani

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back