• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Starting into sound recording - some tips (1 Viewer)

hello,
You have probably some treads about this, but since there are always new equipments coming out, I prefer to ask.
Some days ago I got a really good night of migration where I heard about 20 redwings and a couple song thrushes during a 30 minutes period and after some months thinking about bauying a recorder or not I think I have made my mind.

I want to buy a recorder to both NFCs and to carry with me to record what I hear (mostly flyovers) while I do birdwatching... (heard an Anthus hodgsoni some weeks ago which I couldn't record and is a country rarity).
For now from what I read, I'm thinking on buying a zoom H1n. What do you think of this recorder? Do you recommend any other within this value (around 100€)?

Second question. Will I get significantly better results with a cheap microphone? If so, which one do you recommend to connect to zoom h1n or with the recorder you suggest?

Thank you in advance

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back