• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Still tickled to death (1 Viewer)

SuperDuty

United States
These were bought on closeout two or three years back after trying several different Alpha binoculars, unfortunately there’s been practically no time to use them since purchasing, I got them out today for a while and found the Image just as breathtaking as I had remembered it being. The view is expansive, bright, very neutral-natural to my eyes, the CA control superb. A couple of years ago I would have had to see the NL Pure, my mindset today was, (I’ll never need any better).

Attachments

• 5A6FD408-4755-47F2-982A-498BC2428EA2.jpeg
    5A6FD408-4755-47F2-982A-498BC2428EA2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • 48536AF6-2790-473D-853A-282E7EA0BCCA.jpeg
    48536AF6-2790-473D-853A-282E7EA0BCCA.jpeg
    853.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 5818FF05-A531-4574-9C42-DF76A7580E77.jpeg
    5818FF05-A531-4574-9C42-DF76A7580E77.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I feel the same about my newly acquired (02 Dec 2020) 8X32 SFs.

Haven't been able to use them since before New Years, for a number of reasons.

This afternoon was the first chance since then.

Superb glass, with magical coatings.

The reviewer is entertaining, sort of a comedy act, though he is not so boring as some I have seen on some online reviews - like the guy who spends three minutes opening the box, and talking gibberish.

The reviewer is entertaining, sort of a comedy act, though he is not so boring as some I have seen on some online reviews - like the guy who spends three minutes opening the box, and talking gibberish.
I moved the reviews to (Others), I think the videos taken with his camera phone are somewhat useful, while the camera lens I’m sure introduces its own artifacts, it also seems to fairly readily show most of the differences between models that people describe. Whether those differences make for a better binocular is mostly subjective.

Got the same identical green-gray Gen1 SF. Nice. This is what you want when you don't know what you will need. One size fits all circumstances.

I took my Zeiss HT 10x54 to do some birding with and actually regretted I didn't take the 8x42 SF instead.
Wider, much wider FOV, much lighter going through the bush and an easier view.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back