• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Suggestions for wide-angle light midrange eyepieces for Celestron Regal 65 (1 Viewer)

PedroP

Czech Republic
I am searching for suitable eyepieces for Celestron Regal 65 M2. I am also using Celestron C5 which accepts 1.25" astropieces thus I expect the functionality of such eyepieces on both scopes. Now I own Panoptic 19mm, Badder hyperion 8-24 zoom, and Explore scientific 11 (82 degrees). Unfortunately, the last eyepiece 11 mm has 30 mm long barrel while Regal 65 accepts only 24-25 mm long barrels at maximum (there is a block at ca 25 mm). Do you have any suggestions for mid-range eyepieces magnifications (ca 10-14 mm) with a wider view (ca 60-80 degrees) that are not too heavy (ca 200-300 grams) because I found only heavier Baaders. Of course, I prefer economic solutions ca up to 200 Eur for used eyepiece. Thanks for any help.

Petr

I am searching for suitable eyepieces for Celestron Regal 65 M2. I am also using Celestron C5 which accepts 1.25" astropieces thus I expect the functionality of such eyepieces on both scopes. Now I own Panoptic 19mm, Badder hyperion 8-24 zoom, and Explore scientific 11 (82 degrees). Unfortunately, the last eyepiece 11 mm has 30 mm long barrel while Regal 65 accepts only 24-25 mm long barrels at maximum (there is a block at ca 25 mm). Do you have any suggestions for mid-range eyepieces magnifications (ca 10-14 mm) with a wider view (ca 60-80 degrees) that are not too heavy (ca 200-300 grams) because I found only heavier Baaders. Of course, I prefer economic solutions ca up to 200 Eur for used eyepiece. Thanks for any help.

Petr
Try:
UFF 10mm (many brands)
Pentax XW 10mm
Pentax XW 14mm
Pentax XF 12mm

Pentax should have tested its eyepieces in its own spotting scopes, which also have sealing windows.

XW are large and heavy, XF and UFF are small and light. I have the UFF 10mm, works fine in my Svbony SV406P which also has a 25mm deep eyepiece chamber.

Check Ernest's test results on astro-talks.ru; he measures the barrel length of eyepieces he tests.

I got a celestron ex cel 18 mm recently , my first fixed eyepiece for the 65ed. Its fully compatable with no issues ,good fov , lightweight and inexpensive . It also works good with a phone scope u adapter with its straight tube . It has good optics . I was impresssd by the compatability , after reading this tread i figured i would hold off on higher end fixed eps . I have the bhzoom and also wanting wider fov at the low end at this was a good start for me .

Pedro, I had a Regal 65ED and 80Ed and Baader Hyperion eyepieces, all 68 degree, and a Baader Morpheus 76 degree eyepieces in both scopes. Great views and great value for money. Allbeit they are a little heavy. Baader 13mm would be £114 from First Light Optics, where I bought mne.
Les

Pedro, I had a Regal 65ED and 80Ed and Baader Hyperion eyepieces, all 68 degree, and a Baader Morpheus 76 degree eyepieces in both scopes. Great views and great value for money. Allbeit they are a little heavy. Baader 13mm would be £114 from First Light Optics, where I bought mne.
Les
Thanks Les for the suggestions - I heard very good reports considering Baader Hyperions and Morpheus which are even better. The only downside is the weight but for the best views you need more glass for sure :).

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back