• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sula Islands in Indonesia (1 Viewer)

iain tomlinson

I am looking for information on birding the Sula Islands in Indonesia. If you have been there and have any advice on logistics and birding sites I would love to hear from you?

Cheers, Iain

Iain,

Sorry, no info to provide at the moment, but I'm curious as to when you planned to visit. I'm thinking of doing Peleng in Oct and I'm still debating about whether I should try and include the Sulas as well.

Ross

I am thinking of sometime between April-Oct 2018. It's part of an owling trip to Sulawesi, Banggai, Sangihe and the Togian Islands.
(Sulu and Sula-its confusing. Sulu is in the south of the Philippines and is not considered safe. Sula is in the Moluccas, Indonesia, and is very little visited, but presumably not dangerous).

Gotcha. Well I should be able to provide some good gen come the end of the year. I'll let you know if I decide to visit the Sulas or Togian Islands. I will be visiting Sulawesi, Peleng, and Sangihe.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back