• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sutton Park (1 Viewer)

I live quite near the park but missed the firecrests, wrong side for me.

Five goosanders in Keeper's Pool (one landed a rather big fish) and a pair of cormorants in Blackroot though. Not rare but unusual for me.

A quick (5 mile!) trawl round the southeastern pools midday netted 30 species. Highlights were right from the Wyndley car park with a 1st summer Med Gull and four grey wagtails. Then had to wait until Blackmoor for a fifth grey and a flyover cuckoo. 66778 headed an aggregates train but that really is for the trainspotters!

Goosanders are back at Keeper's Pool - this time an actual flock of them, and this time several males as well as females - I've only seen one male before.

Also half-a-dozen cormorants in Blackroot, highest number I've seen.

Goosanders are back at Keeper's Pool - this time an actual flock of them, and this time several males as well as females - I've only seen one male before.

Also half-a-dozen cormorants in Blackroot, highest number I've seen.
Had 13 on Keeper's last Sunday (21st) - 5 males and 8 redheads

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back