• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swaro 25-50x WA in Vortex scope (1 Viewer)

safaridreaming

Hi all,

Newbie here. Been following the forums for a while but only a recent participant for posts etc.

I've recently got my hands on both the two Vortex Razor spotting scopes (65mm and 85mm) as well as a Swaro ATS HD 80mm so I thought I'd confirm that the Swarovski 25-50x Wide Angle eyepiece does indeed fit on the Vortex Razor scopes. The eyepiece locks in exactly the same as the Vortex 20-60x eyepieces.

i could NOT however, get the Vortex eyepiece to lock into the Swaro ATS 80 scope - it goes in and twists about 5mm but stops then as its hitting something. I'm hesitant to apply more pressure that I already have - suffice to say, in my experience, a Vortex eyepiece on the Swaro will not fit.

Pics attached below.

cheers
Jeelan

Attachments

• _DSC0051.jpg
    _DSC0051.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 231
  • _DSC0058.jpg
    _DSC0058.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 208
  • _DSC0056.jpg
    _DSC0056.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 157
  • _DSC0057.jpg
    _DSC0057.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 223
  • _DSC0059.jpg
    _DSC0059.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 168
That's correct, the Swarovski SW series of eyepieces (25-50x / 30x) WILL fit the Vortex Razor HD 85/65 scope but the Vortex 20-60x zoom will NOT fit the Swarovski.

Conversely, the Vortex 30x eyepiece with the ranging reticle WILL fit the Swarovski ATS scope as we have supplied these before to Swarovski users.

Trust this helps.
Dave.

Just wondering - What was your impression about using the Swarovski eyepiece in the 65 vortex scope body? Did you like it much better or wasn't there much of an improvement between it and the vortex eyepiece? Thx.

In terms of colour, contrast etc, i didnt notice much difference, although my testing time was limited to one day in a park.

Obviously the biggest difference was the wider AFOV of the 25-50x Swaro eyepiece vs the 20-60x Vortex eyepiece which is NOT a wide angle eyepiece.

Because of the wider angle, it sometimes "appeared" that the image through the Swaro eyepiece was brighter.

the field was equally flat through both eyepieces and from what I can recall CA was controlled extremely well through both eyepieces although again, I didnt specifically "test" for this.

I find the 25-50x eyepiece to be a general improvement over the 20-60 anyway which is also a common sentiment when comparing the Swaro 20-60 vs the 25-50.

In terms of build quality, both seem to be well made with smooth rotation of the zoom barrel and a generally solid feel in hand.

cheers
Jeelan

The Vortex zoom eyepiece that comes with the Razors is an exact copy of the Swarovski 20-60x zoom eyepiece and in my tests it performed just as well as the original. Count me as one who prefers the 20-60x Swaro zoom over the 25-50x for the higher useful magnification.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back