• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski 115 (1 Viewer)

Tot

England
Just bought a swarovski atx 115 compared to my 95 cherry atx. noticeably brighter even on bright days slightly sharper not much but its there seems to av a slightly warmer cast than 95.it is heavy but still quite compact I compared my 95 atx to kowa 99 atx was brighter and sharper don't like the colour cast in kowa its to yellow like zeiss sf not done star test don't feel I need to due to it beating my cherry 95.

You bought a ATX115 complete set or just a X115 lens module i.e. you used the previous ATX ocular module on it?
The best way to compare these is side by side...;)
The X115 has more light and less CA than the X95, at least the samples I compared. However the X115 star test wasn't perfect as the one of the X95, showing SA, that explained the no real gain in resolution I noticed...

You bought a ATX115 complete set or just a X115 lens module i.e. you used the previous ATX ocular module on it?
The X115 has more light and less CA than the X95, at least the samples I compared. However the X115 star test wasn't perfect as the one of the X95, showing SA, that explained the no real gain in resolution I noticed...
Hiya mate bought the whole set up then sold my 95 to my freind so I was able to grill them side by side .it's very bright and sharp my 95 was a cracker

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back