• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

SWAROVSKI 8.5x42 EL FieldPro (1 Viewer)

Dawn_Chorus

Can anyone please tell me what year these binoculars came out SWAROVSKI 8.5x42 EL FieldPro. I have the oppertunity to purchase a pair Many thanks

Last edited:

John A Roberts

Australia
Hi Dawn_Chorus,

The 8.5x42 and 10x42 versions of the then EL Swarovision line of binoculars were updated to the FieldPro specification in early June 2015
See the page from Swarovski's latest spare parts catalogue:
the change was from unit number K8524 47681; where the first 2 digits indicate the year (add 1930) and the next 2 the week of the year (from 01 to 52)

The current version of the catalogue can be found at:
https://myservice.swarovskioptik.co...gue-Binoculars-Telescopes-2021?language=en_US

For the full details of the changes:
Summary of EL FieldPro changes

. . . it seems convenient to document in this thread the full range of changes to the FieldPro version of the EL Swarovision
Although they are minor and most relate to the covering in one way or another, there is one change to the main mechanism
(thanks to MandoBear who drew my attention to this, see post #6)

The changes comprise:

The covering, including it’s colour, texture and contouring around the focuser area
And the placement of the logos (on the FieldPro the Swarovski label is now on the side of the left hand barrel)

The neck strap attachment system (which is integrated in the covering)

The hinged objective covers (which also attach to the covering)

The focuser’s pattern of grooving and colour

AND a new diopter lock incorporated in the focuser
The new lock has a twist and pull mechanism verses the previous pull style
Since users of the FieldPro typically don’t comment on this feature, it’s seemingly transparent in use
(and of course the earlier version was not noted for being prone to accidental disengagement)
. . .

John

Attachments

• EL x42 FP  from #K8524 47681 .jpg
    EL x42 FP from #K8524 47681 .jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread